Tacheometer is a Theodolite designed for rapid surveying measurements. Tacheometer is also called as Tachymeter. Tacheometer is an Electronic Theodolite that is used for rapid measurements and determines, electronically or electro-optically, the distance to target, and is highly automated in its operations. Tachymetry or tacheometry is the process of measuring distance indirectly. This can be done by measuring time and speed in a moving vehicle or by sighting through small angle a distant scale transverse to the line of sight.
Tacheometry is a branch of surveying in which horizontal and vertical distances are determined by angular observations with a tacheometer. There is no linear measurement. Tacheometry is not as accurate as chaining,but it is more rapid in rough and difficult countries where leveling is tedious and chaining is inaccurate and slow.
Tacheometric surveying used for preparing contour plans, hydrographic surveys, locations surveys of roads, railways etc. Instruments used in tacheometric survey are tacheometer, stadia rod, pegs, ranging rod, offset rods, etc.
Tachymeter scale is also used as the name of the scale sometimes inscribed around the rim of an analog watch, useful in converting time intervals to speed or other rates of events. Tacheometry in surveying include the use of stadia rods with theodolites or plane-table alidades. Another device used in tacheometry is the subtense bar.
- Laser Cooling To Cool Electronics at IC Semiconductor-level
- PCB Printed Circuit Board Types
- Flexible PCB (FPCB) – Flex Circuit Boards
- High-Frequency PCB RF Circuit Boards
- PCB Traces Current Carrying Capacity and Temperature Rise
- High Temperature PCB Designer Guide
- Solderless Assembly for Electronics Manufacturing
- Solar Panel Stickers of Peel-and-Stick Thin-Film Solar PV Cells
- X-Ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy (XRF)
- RoHS XRF X-Ray Fluorescence Analyzer
- RoHS Testing – RoHS Screening
- Software Tools for RoHS REACH Compliance
- RoHS Compliance for RFID Tags
- RoHS Compliance for Wires and Cables in Electrical and Electronics Equipment
- RoHS Exemptions – Is R&D equipment excluded from RoHS ?
- RoHS – Batteries RoHS Compliance
- How REACH and RoHS 2 related to each other?
- RoHS-2 Revision Updates over RoHS-1
- Human Energy Harvesting to Power Portable Devices
- Thermoelectric Tubes Generate Electricity from Hot Water
- PCB Log Periodic Antennas
- Optical Wavelength Meters
- Bypass Capacitor Operation and Noise Ripple Characteristics
- RTOS Software for Embedded Systems
- Bluetooth Vs RFID Comparison