Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short distances (using short-wavelength radio transmissions in the ISM band from 2400–2480 MHz) from fixed and mobile devices, creating personal area networks (PANs) with high levels of security.
- The Frequency of the Bluetooth is 2.4GHz.
- It is a standard IEEE802.15 version.
- Cost is low compared to WiFi.
- The bandwidth of bluetooth is 800kbps.
- The range of the Bluetooth is between 5 merers to 30 meters.
- Less power consumption compared to WiFi.
- Bit rate of the Bluetooth is 2.1 Mbps.
Wibree is also called Baby Bluetooth, it is a low-power wireless local area network (WLAN). technology that facilitates interoperability among mobile and portable consumer devices such as pagers, personal digital assistants (PDAs), wireless computer peripherals, entertainment devices and medical equipment.
- Wibree is a low-power wireless local area network (WLAN) technology.
- It is facilitates interoperability among mobile and portable consumer devices.
- Wibree is similar to Bluetooth but consumes a small fraction of the battery power.
- Wibree operates at a range of 5 to 10 meters (about 16.5 to 33 feet).
- The data rate is up to 1 megabit per second (Mbps).
- The Frequency of the wibree is 2.4-GHz radio-frequency (RF) band.
- Wibree may be deployed on a stand-alone chip or on a dual-mode chip along with conventional Bluetooth.